Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whitney Houston

Did anyone else out there catch the interview with Whitney Houston on Oprah? Well, if not, let me tell you, you missed a blessing!!

Whitney Houston has been to hell and back in her life with ex-hubby Bobby Brown and she says it was the Lord who saved her!! Amen!

Oprah asked her..."Who do you love?" and Whitney's answer was "I love the Lord!"

Then Oprah asked "Do you now know your own strength?" And Whitney answered "I know where my help cometh." (and her eyes looked upward to heaven!) (Psalm 121:1,2 - my friend Jana text me that verse just this week!! Thanks Jana!!)

Whitney also said "she prays away desires for drugs" and that she would "read the word ...and the Holy Spirit would guide her." !!! Amen!!

So while I don't like Oprah and her wishy washy mindset on God, I really think Whitney's "testimony" was powerful. To God be the Glory!!!



I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1,2 NIV

3 comments:

Michael Becerra said...

Wow! Good for Whitney. I am glad i bought her latest CD. She is one of the true great singers. I am going to record this show.

Martha Jones said...

Wow! That's awesome. Especially in front of Oprah who has been so wishy washy. I would like to see it. Maybe I can find it on the internet. Thank you for sharing!!

Laurie said...

I definitely wanted to DVR the show and I forgot! Look what I missed out on! I would have loved to see Whitney praising the Lord! I am glad to see that she has turned her life around! She is soooo talented!! Thanks for sharing Yoli!!:)