Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mexican Food

A while back, my BFF April told me she made Navajo tacos for dinner. Navajo Tacos?? I was impressed!!! What a creative dinner!! So since then, I've been wanting to make them for my family. BUT making the sopapilla's didn't sound like a lazy man's "easy" dinner...

One day while shopping at our friendly neighborhood Albertsons I discovered a sopapilla's mix that looked easy enough! Thankfully, I looked at it early enough, because you do have to let it sit for 30-40 mins. to let the dough rise!

I was so happy because I even got some to puff out!!

I had browned some ground beef and sprinkled it with onion powder and cumin, bought some rice and beans from Rosa's (yum!) and stuffed the meat into the sopapillas for a delicious stuffed sopapilla mexican dinner.

This is what I usually get at our fav restaurant Pete's in Belen, NM and I thought it tasted as good!! I just realized that I forgot to add some green chile to this dinner. Oh-well. Maybe I can do that tonight because we had enough for left overs! Lucky us! ;o)
We all even enjoyed a sopapilla with honey for dessert! Thanks April for the great, creative and yummy dinner idea!!
XOXO


5 comments:

Loyce said...

Yum Yum
Wish I had been there everything looks delicious!

Laurie said...

It does sound delic! If only we had an Albertsons here! I totally love Mexican food and I can't wait to try it sometime, it looks easy enough!

Martha Jones said...

Yummy! That looks so good! Thanks for sharing with us. I will definitely be trying it!!!

Michael Becerra said...

YUM BUM!

Joyce Becerra said...

Baby Doll, you can cook for me anytime!!!!!!