Friday, September 25, 2009

Some Good Reads

I know some of you out there are members of the Good Reads website. It is always fun to get updates from my GoodReads friends to see what they have read (with a book rating) and what they are about to read!! I have forgotten how to use the website and can't figure it out again! So I haven't been able to update my "good reads!"
I am planning on picking up this book (below) The Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon soon. It is the first in a series and the latest book just came out this week. (book 7) I have a good source on the recommendation (thanks April!!) and it gets 5 *'s on Amazon. Plus I think it is a book Dan will be interested in too!!!

Same Kind of Different As Me is such a good book. I think this might top my fav. book list right along there with The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom.



When this book by Beth Moore came out (below) I wasn't in any hurry to buy it! I wasn't in a pit and didn't need it...but one day I decided to read it and was glad I did. It is a good book and Beth talks alot about herself in this book. It was fun to learn more about her! Plus at the back there are several really good prayers full of scripture to pray! :) It is definitely worth checking out!

But right now I'm finishing up this series by Terri Blackstock. I have really enjoyed listening to these books on my Ipod and have a few chapters to go on book 4!! I highly recommend these too!!






I always love a good fiction or non-fiction book to get carried away in. Have a great weekend!! And happy reading!!

4 comments:

Martha Jones said...

Thank you for sharing! Will definitely try to check these out.

Loyce said...

You know I always love getting tips on good books. Thanks for posting, I will put them on my list.

Joyce Becerra said...

I will definitely check out the Diana Gabaldon series. I have heard it is very good. Love MOM

Laurie said...

Great post Yoli! That Beth Moore book looks good!:)