Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Neighbors

These were a gift to us from our neighbors, the Cottons; They are what we will miss the most.

We met Mr. Cotton the day we got this house, almost 9 years ago. Once we moved in, I really came to love Mr. Cotton....I took over the yard work when we moved here. Dan taught me how to use the mower, but I never could use the edger. Well, when Mr. Cotton mowed and edged his yard, he would come over to our yard and edge it for me. Then one winter, after a lot of snow, the weeds in the alley came up really tall. Mr. Cotton to the rescue. He would weed eat our side of the alley for me. Wow, what a neighbor!! He also owned a little snack business and every once in a while he would bring a case of grape juice over for Zachary (who was 2). It is easy to love someone like that.

Over the years, they've watched Zach and Drew grow up. Mrs. Cotton would bring the boys neat treats every holiday, usually with money inside! The other night Zachary said he would miss the Cotton's too.

In our new home, we pray for nice neighbors; but it's doubtful we will ever have any like the Cotton's. They have taught me how to be a good neighbor and I'm soooo thankful for them!!

0 comments: