Sunday, October 11, 2009

The White Hat

Dan had a big 5A game this Friday night here in Odessa at Ratliff Stadium! Not only did he have this game, he got to be the referee! (the white hat!)

OHS is one of the high schools here in town, so this was a pretty big game!!
(below) Here is Dan making a call with his mic. Zach was soooo relieved that no one boo-ed after the call.
While I am not much of a football fan, it was fun to go out and watch our dad! Zach and I were nervous for him.
The "white hat's" biggest fans!!!
Here is Dan with a few other officials as half-time began. (The man on the right is Dan's good friend Tom and the other man is Dan's cousin Wes Overton.)
It is good to see Dan enjoying his job!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Love this! I'm so glad there was no booing going on! Way to go Dan! What a fun job!

Loyce said...

I agree what a fun job! The greatest families are always worried or nervious for their loved ones. You have a wonderful family!!

KristiLee said...

How fun! I'm not the biggest fan of the sport either, but I sure like going to stadium games!
Way to go Dan~!

Martha Jones said...

What a cool job! I was laughing about the part of him making the call and Zach being relieved that no one booed! Poor refs! Don't they always have the toughest job. It's awesome that he enjoys it! :)

Laurie said...

I would have totally been nervous too!! I'm sure Dan loved his support system there! What a fun and exciting night for the Rankin's!

Joyce Becerra said...

You guys are an awesome family. I'm glad you are mine:)