Friday, May 22, 2009

Show us where you live ~ Dining Rooms

Over at Kelly's Korner (another blog I Y) ~ she's hosting a "Show Us Where You Live" tour of homes ~ over the Internet!! It's fun to see how people live and how they decorate! If you have time, check out her blog and see how she lives!

Today is "show us your Dining Room" and well, since this is the ONLY finished room in our home, I thought I'd show you!

Welcome to our dining room...


We took the advice of a trusted designer and got leopard carpet for our dining room. And we love it!! The chandelier was an anniversary gift from my brother! Thanks brother! Y When we hooked it up we couldn't believe the light it gave us! (the old one was so dim!!!) The mirror on the back wall was a gift from my mom! Thanks Mom! Y We bought it black, but against that dark wall, it didn't show up, so I spray painted it this lighter color!

It was also suggested to have a full wall of curtains. I found the little designer rings at JC Penny and thought they added to the wall. Love them!


This is looking toward the front door and entry way.

And this is looking toward the kitchen.
So far, we have not had any dinner parties, but look forward to having some in the future. We have eaten in there ~ usually on Sunday nights after a busy weekend.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed my tour!!

11 comments:

Megan Hall said...

It looks so nice. I love it!

Loyce said...

Beautiful room!

Laurie said...

I love your dining room! You know I love leopard girl! The carpet makes the room complete, in my opinion! Love the new chandelier and how about that redo on the mirror---gorgeous! Great job!:)

Martha Jones said...

Leopard carpet! How Awesome!! I would love that. Your dining room is gorgeous. :)

Amanda said...

Lovely! I think your carpet is awesome... wondering if I could persuade my husband to go that way! haha Thanks for letting us "tour" your home!
A

Anonymous said...

I love your dining room! What a beautiful room!

Ashley said...

I LOVE!!!! The leopard carpet! What an awesome idea! Thank you for opening up your home.
-Ash-

Joyce Becerra said...

Beautiful. Great job.

Michael Becerra said...

What a stunning room! Love it.

Frugal Jen said...

I love animal print very whimsical! We almost bought the same dining room set. I love the iron on it.

Julie said...

Gorgeous! I missed checking in on you, but summer is here and I'm BACK!!