Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blackened Chicken Pizza - Paula Deen

The other morning, Big Mama (a fav. blog I love to read), shared a new recipe with us that she tried for dinner ~ Blackened Chicken Pizza! Being that I am ALWAYS looking for yummy recipes and the fact that this looked delicious!! I made it tonight!

It has fresh basil and spinach in it along with crispy bacon and chicken cooked with a blackened seasoning. It also calls for white wine, but I substituted apple juice for that. Big Mama said we could find the blackened seasoning in the spice area, but after going to TWO stores with no luck, I was able to find the spice recipe online! Thank you Internet!!!

Blackened Chicken Pizza (Paula Deen)
3 teaspoons blackening seasoning, divided (found on the spices aisle)

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 in. thickness
4 tbs. butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
2 tbs. all purpose flour
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs. chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
Pizza crust

Here it is ready for the oven!!



Here I am getting ready to put it in the oven... (heh heh)

And here it is in all its delicious glory! ha ha!

7 comments:

Joyce Becerra said...

Was it as good as it looked?
Love You!

Yoli said...

It was very good! Even Drew liked it! Zach was alittle harder to please. :) It was a little different than the usual!

Martha Jones said...

Wow! That looks mouth watering. I am definitely going to have to try that recipe. Thank you for sharing with us!! :)

Laurie said...

Love new recipes and we love pizza over here! I would love to try it sometime too! YUM!

Loyce said...

It looks delicious!

Lori said...

Oh Yolanda,

That looks sooooo good. Paula Deen is one of my favorites.

Michael Becerra said...

I can't wait to make it myself. Wish I had been there to eat it with you.