Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spelling Bee Continued

Today was the school wide spelling bee. Zach was very nervous. I treated him to lunch at Jack-N-the Box since he had a big afternoon. While he wasn't the "Champion" he did great! We are so proud of him and he will always be our "Champion"!
Zach spelling "Earthenware" (some of the words were crazy! I hadn't even heard of some!!)

He is seated behind #1.
Here he is before the Bee with one his basketball buddies Devin. (Devin is in the 6th grade)
It was great to have his grandparents there to cheer him on!!
I wish I had taken a picture of the winner. He is a 5th grader too. He did great and it was quite the competition between him and another girl. His parents (the winners) are Zach's new Sunday School teacher at First Baptist Church. :) (Just some added facts! :))

2 comments:

Joyce Becerra said...

I wish I could have been there to cheer him on! I was praying for him though.

Laurie said...

Good Job Zach! It looked so official with all the kids wearing numbers! I would have been nervous!!

Yoli..thanks so much for the sweet note I received today in the mail...I am so glad that you love your necklace! I actually frantically made myself one today before we went out for Valentine's! Trav and I went out early to a 2:30 p.m. movie and then out to eat at 5:00! We picked up the kids at 7:00p.m.! We are a couple of night owls huh? You'll have to tell me about you V-day plans!
Laurie