Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lower Cave ~ Carlsbad Caverns

October 10, 2011 was Columbus Day and a holiday for the boys.  NO SCHOOL!!  Granddad has been wanting to take the boys on the Lower Cave tour in Carlsbad Caverns since they were born. ☺ BUT, you had to be at least 12 years old to go on this tour.  So, now that Drew is 12 - They found the first holiday (that wasn't booked) to go!

You have to go d o w n ....


 to see beautiful cave creations!


 Walk on narrow walkways....


 through tight spaces.....



 and even crawl!!

 But you noticed the smiles never left their faces!


Once the tour was over, you had to come back U P....

This holiday was the first days off since school had started and they were looking forward it.  I was a little nervous they would be upset having to get up early and head out....but from the moment they woke up, to the walk back into the house that evening, they had a smiles on their faces.  They both had a GREAT time touring Lower cave.  Thank you Granddad for wanting to take the boys on this wonderful adventure!!  ♥♥♥

3 comments:

Joyce Becerra said...

There is nothing as wonderful as Grandparent and their Grandchildren!

"My Blessings" said...

I loved how you blogged this entry! It literally took my breath away, I was getting claustrophobic! How cool for the boys to have such a neat grand-dad!

Laurie said...

Wow! I guess I wasn't aware of the lower cave...it looks pretty cool, but I don't know if I could do it myself! That's pretty cool, they did something not everyone gets to do!!