Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Cousin Jimmy

James Thomas Buhrmester
November 19, 1977 - December 21, 2008


Jimmy is one of eight children, born to my aunt, who is my mothers twin sister Loyce, and my Uncle Glenn. He was one of two boys out of six girls!! I was six years old when he was born!
I remember how special it was to have two boy cousins in a house full of girls!

I also remember always being anxious to see the family pictures my aunt would send to see how everyone was growing up! Especially Michael (Jimmy's brother) and Jimmy since I did not see them very often during our growing up years.

I was so happy to see recent blog posts of Jimmy and Uncle Glenn fishing and the Thanksgiving pictures of my cousins this year.

It was such a sad shock to hear that Jimmy passed away the week of Christmas this year. My heart has been so heavy knowing the huge void in my families lives.

It was so nice for me and my family to be with my cousins at the funeral two days after Christmas. I thank God that we were able to be there. It meant so much to me.

Please visit http://ourbrotherjimmy.blogspot.com/ to find out more information about Jimmy and what happened in his passing. And please keep my Aunt, Uncle and cousins in your prayers as they continue on without Jimmy. Thank you so much.





It was a very sad reason to be in Utah, but I'm so glad we were there.
I love you Aunt Loyce, Uncle Glenn, Sherri, Kristi, Julie, Heidi, Michael, Cindi, Misty! I'm praying and thinking of you all, always.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Words cannot express what it meant to have you all here. Your love and support were just what we needed. Thanks for the prayers! I think we'll need them for a while.

Megan Hall said...

I am so glad we were able to finally meet you and your family. It was so nice having you there. I hope we can all see each other again soon, but for other reasons than a death.

Cindi B. said...

Thank you Yolanda. It was so nice having your family and Aunt Joyce there with us.

Laurie said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you met some of your family for the first time. I know you will keep in touch with them. I will keep your family in my prayers.