Friday, September 19, 2008

Old Made New Again

Today as I was walking the dog, I noticed my neighbors down the street were having a garage sale. I quickly took the dog back to the house (He isn't much for neighbors...) and got my cash and cell phone and ran back down the street. I had noticed a patio table sitting outside (at the garage sale) and I have been wanting a patio table forever... It was marked $60 and it was used, for sure. Rusty chairs, worn seat handles, but that didn't scare me off. I was talking to Dan on the cell, telling him all about my great find while my neighbor started telling me about the table...as he finished talking he said "I'll take $50 for it" !!! Dan didn't care so I snatched it up! When Dan helped me get it home, he wasn't very impressed - thinking it looks every bit of a $50 garage sale find but said it to get some spray paint to it. And that I did... The chair on the left has not been touched up. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the bottom is full of chipped paint and rust, the arm handles worn...but the one of the right I've already spray painted and put a coat of paint on the handles and ta da!!! Looks good as new! Now I just need to order some chair pads to finish the look! I can't wait to use it!!
Click on the photos to enlarge. You can see more of the details.

2 comments:

Michael Becerra said...

Yoli! I'm so proud of you. You are so good at seeing the potential in things that others may overlook.

Julie said...

Very exciting! Be sure and post the finished pictures, cushions and all! I can't wait to see.