Sunday, August 8, 2010

Whats New...

First and foremost, my "baby" turned eleven on July 22nd! Happy 11th birthday Drew!! He finally got a "ripstick" and he loves it!! It didn't take him very long to learn to ride either!

He got a lot of birthday money, and had been saving to buy the new X-Box, but then decided he would rather buy himself a dog. One that loved him. You see, we have Goldy, our big lab. She loves Drew, but she is outside. We have Pluto, our small Chi, but he doesn't like Drew much at all. In fact he growls at him most all the time. This is sad, because Drew loves dogs. He always has. So, being the nice parents that we are, (ha ha) we let Drew pick a dog from the pound. He found this cute and sweet Terrier mix and Drew now calls him his own. (he named him Saturn Grover Rankin) (that dogs reminds us of Grover from Sesame Street!)

A boy and his dog and their many adventures.... it really is so sweet. ♥
Another "new" thing is my big cross. When mom was here a while back, we were window shopping and came across these huge, beautiful crosses. They were priced at $199 or higher. Mom encouraged me to "Make my own"; the only problem was to find a do it yourself cross. Well, guess what? I found the exact cross, ready to "do it yourself" for only $20!! Here it is at the beginning stages....

And here it is on the wall...I love that silly thang. ha! ☺Thanks mom, for your good ideas!! This cross cost about $35 and is almost like what we saw for $199 or higher!!

I've also been working on the outside of the house. Here are some before pics...This is what the house looked like when we bought it...(Notice the hedges)
This is the house last summer....(without the hedges)
And this is the house after. I painted the shutters and door black and really like the new look.
Thankfully, we also f-i-n-a-l-l-y got a new sectional for the living room! It is soooo comfy and looks much better than our old stuff.
So that's what's new.
Wait...who's couch is it?? (wink*)

4 comments:

Joyce Becerra said...

Happy Birthday Drew. I love you and your dog. Can't wait to see him in person.

Martha Jones said...

Happy Birthday, Drew! I love your cross you made. I think I need to make me one two! Your house is just beautiful. I love the black door and shutters. Great job!

Laurie said...

So glad to see Drew had a great birthday and got his own dog, and what a cutie! Awesome job on the cross...it's just gorgeous! Love all the finishing touches you are putting on your home, and the couch looks very comfy!!;)

April said...

Love all of the "new" things going on! What a great present for Drew. You need to start hiring yourself out as a crafty decorator! :)