Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An old favorite made new again!

I came across this recipe from my February issue of Family Fun Magazine (Thanks April!!) ☺
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls! This recipe couldn't have come at a better time too! We were all out of good snacks at home! Oh No! But when the boys came home hungry from school, I knew just what to make them...and believe it or not...they loved them!!! Plus they are fun to eat!!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls-->
Ingredients:

2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter

2 tablespoons Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly, or any Smucker's® Jam, Jelly or Preserves of your choice

2 slices bread
Directions:
1.
REMOVE crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
2.
SPREAD 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon fruit spread on each slice of bread
3.
ROLL each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
Yield: 1 serving (8 pieces)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That's a cute idea! I think my 4 year old class would love that!:)

Martha Jones said...

I will definitely have to try these on the girls. They look yummy and so fun!

Joyce Becerra said...

What a great receipe!