Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just for Fun!!!!

We just got a new experiment book from the Scholastic book order from school! Drew has been looking through it finding really fun things to try!
We thought we'd start with this one! Soap Monsters!! All you need is a soap bar and a microwave! Easy!!

Once the soap melts (two minutes in the microwave on high) - find some little things to make faces...or whatever! Here's my try!! Cute!
Now it's Drew's turn to tear it apart and see what he can make!! The different shapes are sooo much fun!
This was a fun experiment to try - especially on a cold, misty day! Now on to HOMEWORK! BOO

4 comments:

Martha Jones said...

That book looked awesome! My girls would love it! I loved your soap creation, Yoli! So fun!!!!

Laurie said...

Hey that's cool!!! I think the kids would love to try it out too! Any old soap will do? Thanks for sharing---cool book, right up Gav's alley!

ps. school has been cancelled here for tomorrow...I can't believe it! And the kids are already taking full advantage with sleepovers!!

Yoli said...

Cancelled school! what fun! Stay warm my Lubbock friends! Have fun with the sleepovers! Yes, any bar soap will do, it suggests to try clear bar soap too! It says the bar soap that floats works the best.

tia said...

I can't believe thats a bar of soap. Cool!