Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Highest Point in Hawaii ~ Mauna Kea Volcano - 13,796 ft

It was scary driving to the top of the mountain. At times we were driving next to cliffs. Oh My! Seems like Dan can always find the scariest roads to take me on!!!!!! Eeks!!

ON THE TOP OF HAWAII!!!!
Dan at the top!!!
Me and Dan at the TOP!!!!

I MADE IT!!! Forgive me for being a little excited, but this is one highpoint I never thought I would be on the top of! GOD IS GOOD!!!!


Here you can see the trail we walked to the highpoint. Even though it was about 1/4 mile hike it was still a little rough! With lots of elevation, wind and cold, I was pretty tired!!
Here is the trail to the top!!!


(above) here's another view of the trail to the top.
(below) Here we are with the road behind us ~ above the clouds!!! It was spectacular!

There were big observatories up there!

There were still large patches of snow in some areas surrounding the highpoint! Brrrr....

I am soooooo thankful for my adventurous hubby!!

5 comments:

Loyce said...

Glad you had fun and are home safe and sound.

Joyce Becerra said...

It looks windy too! Good job Dan & Yolanda.

Laurie said...

Love the pic with your hands up for victory!!! Way to go! I think you both together are an adventurous couple!

Yoli said...

I thought of you when I did the Victory pose! :)

Martha Jones said...

Wow! Hawaii looks beautiful! How cool to climb and be above the clouds. What a wonderful trip!! :)