Sunday, April 19, 2009

Top of Texas!!

































On Saturday, Dan and Drew went to the Guadalupe Mtns. and climbed Guadalupe Peak, which is the highest point in TX. They have both climbed it before, but since we don't have access to very many mountains close by, it has become one that gets climbed over and over. There was a 7th grade group from Wall, TX there on a science field trip; so that made for about 230 people on the mountain - the most Dan has ever seen.
There is cell phone connection at the top, so Zach and I got the call from the top of Texas! That is always a treat! (too bad we missed it though! BOO)
Zach and I weren't in the mood to hike so we stayed home and went to see "17 Again".
I checked the reviews, lightly, and thought it wouldn't be too bad to take him (it was PG-13) - so we went. We were both alittle shocked at times at what we heard, but all in all, it was a cute movie. However, Zach was alittle unsure about seeing a PG 13 movie, he doesn't see too many, if any at all...and he did seem a little disappointed that one of the stars of the movie used bad language. (it really wasn't too bad Grammy and Grandmommy!!) Maybe we are raising him right after all. Y







10 comments:

Michael Becerra said...

Uncle Mike is glad the language wasn't too bad also! Both boys sound like they had fun.

Buhrmi8 said...

So much fun! Which I was there!

Martha Jones said...

Those pictures are awesome! What beautiful scenery!! Looks like they had a great time. Thanks for telling us about the movie. I really have been wanting to see that one. :)

GHB said...

Bad language is a sign of ignorance. I'm happy that your son reacted that way.

I would sure like to come down and climb that peak with you. Do you think I couold make it?

Love you,

Loyce said...

I'm not a hiker but if the weather is not to HOT, I'll climb too.

Laurie said...

How cool is that? Way to go Drew and Dan! I think it was great to break up the kids and everyone got one-on-one time! Our kids need that!

I wish I had posted I went on a date with Trav and saw the movie--that might have helped, but it was a cute, cute movie!:) Our boys are getting older!

P.S. I cannot email you---it keeps saying undeliverable...I am not sure what I am doing wrong!

Love Lar

Yoli said...

The hike is pretty strenuous, but do-able! Come in the early spring for cool weather. It gets HOT out there!! It took Dan and Drew 3 hours and 15 mins to get to the top. The bottom part is very rocky (loose rock!) But it is beautiful!!! Come on!!!

Yoli said...

Aunt Loyce and Uncle Glenn, Dan says "yes you can make this hike" - let us know when you can make it, we'd love to hike it with you! For cooler weather, early spring, or early morning!! Can't wait!

Megan Hall said...

Looks like a fun hike! We're glad you guys are doing well.

Joyce Becerra said...

What fun. I looks like Dan is standing a little to close to the edge though! Good for Zach, he knows what is right!!! Love you all.