Friday, March 20, 2009

*Short Spring Break Get~Away*



















We decided to take a quickie trip to Dallas to visit Six Flags during Spring Break! Dan and I both grew up going to Six Flags so we love going there for the thrill of fast rides!

The Titan was the boys first big roller coaster ride a few years ago (Drew was 4!!! He was tall enough, so I drug him up there! I know! What was I thinking??) We decided to ride it again. We were all feeling brave, until we actually got on it, then we were scared to death. (all of us but Dan! He loves a fast roller coaster! Y)

Dan actually pulled out the camera and took pics while we were on it! I was telling him to "put that away and Hold on!!!" Zach actually looks calm, doesn't he??





















Of course we had to ride the beloved "log ride" !!!

After we drug out tired bodies out from the crowds of Six Flags, we went to our hotel, which, believe it or not, was the highlight of the trip for our boys ages 9 and 11.











We stayed at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine TX. It is luxury in it's finest. They were having a "Spring Break Special!"







There is an indoor river walk all over the bottom floor! Incredible!



A yummy breakfast on a balcony!




It was thrilling to have a room with a balcony that overlooked the river walk!

We all hated to leave. We had a great time getting away, even for short trip. We hope you all had a good Spring Break or have a good Spring Break if you haven't had yours yet. It also helped D and I realize that this trip may have been our last one to Six Flags. Give us fishing, hiking, swimming, camping, friends, fun, and we are there, but give us lines, huge crowds and bad expensive food ~ we are over.





10 comments:

Martha Jones said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. It is always so nice to get away for a few days and relax. Can't wait to here if you like your Tyler Candle. Hope you have a great weekend!:)

Joyce Becerra said...

What fun!! I am so glad you were able to get away. The hotel is beautiful.
Love MOM

Laurie said...

How fun! I have heard of that hotel I think? Did it have a waterpark in it? It looked very nice! We kinda felt like that last summer when we went to Six Flags! Hopefully it wasn't too hot! Glad you like your necklace! Tell your mom thanks, I got her check today!

Martha Jones said...

I love Paris and Homecoming scents. Laurie loves Diva. It smells great too. I need to try Miss Priss, now!

Yoli said...

The Great Wolf Lodge is the hotel with the water park. It is right across the street from the Gaylord. We can't wait to try it too!

Loyce said...

The hotel reminds me of the one near the Grand Ole Opry. Glad you had fun.

Megan Hall said...

That looks like so much fun! I've never been to Six Flags before, but I guess we'll have to make a trip there sometime. And the hotel looks awesome!!

Martha Jones said...

Good luck to you too! I hope one of us wins!!:)

Michael Becerra said...

I'm glad you had fun. Six Flags is my fave amusement park and I haven't been in probably 30 years. Loved the hotel.

Tim said...

Hey there! Fellow Texan here. Found you thru many mutual friends. April, Kelly, Laurie, just to name a few.

We have been looking for something to do over a weekend and I had really never thought of Six Flags and dont even know why. Im going to start planning it now. Great idea!

Love and Prayers,

Tim