Tuesday, December 13, 2011

SnOw DaY!!!!!!

We had "threats" of snow before we went to bed on Dec 4th, and what fun to wake up to find the ground covered in snow!  I was suppose to sub this day, and the teacher text me at 4:30am that school had been cancelled!  So even I was excited!  (I guess, no work, no pay for subs!)
 I let the boys sleep in, and Zach was the first one up!  He was thrilled to have a day to get some game playing time in!!!
 I started pulling the boys rooms Christmas trees out and started decorating them.  I had seen a cute "boyish" way to decorate it and I got right to it....however, I needed a new strand of lights and I wasn't going to let any snow stop my decorating!  Also, Drew informed me that he needs a Colonel Sanders costume for school by the next day!  WHAT?  There went my relaxing snow day!  Drew got out with me to look for costume materials and he spotted this CupCake Barn!  We stopped and got us some "fuel" to finish our errands!  Yum!  Good eye Drew!
 We didn't get out and build any snowmen, but someone did!  I had to snap a pic of these cute snowmen at the University!!
 It was also a great time to pull out our snowman dishes!!!

 And after what seemed like all day, I finished the boys Christmas trees!!
 Helmets and footballs are easy to find in our house!!  I overheard Drew saying how much he loved his tree one night!  I was thrilled!  When I asked him about it, he said he just loved the multi~colored lights!
Thanking God for unexpected snow days, last minute projects, cupcakes, warm house and multi~colored lights!!

4 comments:

"My Blessings" said...

Okay, too much fun for mama! First of all, no pay, but I think you got the best payment today! 2nd, Cupcake Barn and no clue as to what fuel you purchased! 3rd, you win the aware for most creative and coolest-decorated trees this year! 4th...a bit jealous, I want snowman plates! ...keeping fingers crossed for another day off tomorrow for Rankin Family Fun!

Joyce Becerra said...

A day well spent.

Joyce Becerra said...

A day well spent.

Laurie said...

What a great idea for those "boyish" trees!! Too cute!! How fun to have a snow day!!! We had a snow delay around the same time, but not a full snow day!! Those days are the most fun!! Cass and I had a sick day Wednesday and it was awesome to stay in our pjs and watch movies!! Loved every minute of it!