Friday, May 14, 2010

Family, Football and homeade Tortillas!

This past weekend, after 2 and a half years of not seeing each other, my dad and his wife came to Odessa for a visit!

We had a very good time catching up with our lives. My dad and his wife are both substitute teachers so we have a lot in common!! On Saturday night, we went to San Angelo to see Dan's arena football game and had dinner with Dad's cousins beforehand. It was great to visit with family in my area!

After dinner we went to watch Dan "white hat" the game!
The referee's biggest fans! Dad thought it was pretty exciting watching Dan as the referee! And I have to agree!
Dan did a great job and looked so handsome out on the field!! ♥ (he's got the "white hat" on!!)
Hmmm...I wonder if these two are really talking about some calls...???
On Sunday Dan asked Dad's wife to make us homemade tortillas. And she was glad to do it!!
Zach got a turn at rolling them out!! Way to go Zach!
They were extra yummy!!
Dad enjoyed seeing the boys. We still don't think he realizes how old they really are after his comment about the boys still needing car seats...whatever dad!!!
Since Hogla was making the tortillas, we asked dad to make my favorite spanish rice too. So they both made us dinner. It was soooooo yummy and a great way to spend my mother's day!
Before they left, Dad thanked Dan for being a good provider, husband and father. It was probably the nicest thing he could have ever said. ♥ I seriously don't think either of us will go two and a half years before we see each other again. It was a good visit. ☺
To God be the Glory!

2 comments:

Martha Jones said...

How wonderful! Isn't it amazing how time flies and you haven't seen someone in two years. I feel the same way about some of my family that I haven't seen. I am so glad that you had a great visit with your Dad. So sweet!

Laurie said...

I am so glad that you and your dad reconnected!! And what a blessing the fun time you had together as a family! I enjoyed seeing all your pics of Mother's Day Weekend!!

Thanks for calling today! I will email you or call you tonight!;) Love ya friend!!